I think it was Krishna De that posted on Facebook about The Influencer Project and that’s where I heard about it. “60 Speakers in 60 Minutes” talking about how to increase your influence online in the “shortest marketing conference ever” which broadcast last night at 6pmET (so 11pm here, not too bad for me). And it was FREE, so to me this was perfect. I’ve been listening in on a variety of webinars on about a weekly basis, but I’ve found that I’ve hit about all of those relevant to me and I’ve gotten to the point where I just get frustrated because I’ve got points I want to add and while some webinars do provide you with a way to ask questions, mostly they don’t feature two way conversations. Now the Influencer Project was not going to be a way to provide input, at least not directly on the webinar, but it is an interesting new concept with 60 of mostly top social media professionals, so definitely worth a listen.
What do you already have that other people don’t — get someone else’s POV to look at it for you #influencer
- Again, not just about products – entertain, inform, inspire #influencer
- @timeontaskva Will need to go back to that minute! Find gifted upandcommers, become an advocate & create an advocate for life #influencer
- Oh, a nice deep moment – listen for the silence #influencer
– need to go back and see who that was, because it was a refreshing moment!
- business model before pursuing fame for fame’s sake #influencer< - downfall of many people
- Share ideas liberally #influencer < - also a big theme tonight
- Listen! #influencer
- I like the way Hank is thinking #influencer
- – that was @hankwasiak – will definitely start following him!
- Get active in other people’s communities – spread where your voice can be heard #influencer
- repeat your tweets @guykawasaki #influencer < - still not sure on the frequency of doing this
- – Then @guykawasaki replied to that and we had a short conversation on the concept that ended with him saying “no guts no traffic”! So looks like guts is one of the things I need to work on!
- become the master, the owner of one specific niche online then do webinars to teach others how to do this #influencer
- A lot of people talking about going offline #influencer we probably do get too comfortable behind the keyboard
- Make the people around you more successful than yourself #influencer
- make something worth talking about (unique, inspiring, awesome) #influencer < - that's the hard part!
- Share good content *check* #influencer
- Learn to talk more about other people #influencer
- Try to be early in the news cycle #influencer < - excellent point
- Defy convention where it’s appropriate #influencer
- Get good at filtering and aggregating content #influencer < - Amen!
- Don’t be afraid to have a point of you & share freely throughout the web (w/social bling) #influencer
- Get co-billed with people with the same audience, difference services/products #influencer
- If people can identify with your story they feel a part of what you are doing #influencer < - I get that!
- Look for multiple circles, multiple spheres of influence #influencer
- Test Drive 3 digital trends per month (or week?) #influencer
– it was per month