Now that most of us have been using Social Media for a couple of years now, we can confidently state that while it is extremely popular, and still a hot topic in newspapers as well as the water cooler, it is much more than just a trend. Social Media Marketing is THE marketing platform of choice and will just get bigger and bigger.
Best Social Media Tools
To handle the scope of social media networks and activities out there, and the time that it takes to manage a good campaign, we all rely on a range of tools: twitter apps, iphone apps, iPad apps, mobile, web based, desktop, aggregators, plugins, etc.
What are the best social media tools of choice amongst social media and online marketing professionals?
My choice for the best social media tool ever, so far, is Hootsuite “Social Media Dashboard”. The features I find I cannot live without:
- manage multiple accounts, on multiple social networks
- view my Twitter lists and saved searches
- view information on other users accounts and follow/unfollow and add to lists
- easily follow conversations (which is good for me because I tweet so much I sometimes can’t tell which post a reply is about)
- set up team of others in the business (and clients, too) that can also post to specific accounts
- access Hootsuite online, so it isn’t heavy on the already limited resources of my computer — and I can access from my laptop, my office computer, my home computer, etc.
- choose from URL shorteners
- schedule posts for a later time
- view statistics on links clicked, etc.
- Hootlet browser plugin so I can post a link while browsing
I love Hootsuite, got it?! In the past few months they have introduced a Premium service at $5.99/month, but so far there has been no limitation on the number of accounts I’ve added, etc. I’d happily pay that amount for the benefit I get from using this product.
So what Social Media Tool have you found to be the best ever?! I can’t wait to see the collection of Social Media Tools we come up with in the end!
Comments on this post up until 5pm ET 25th October 2010 were in a competition to win a pass to BlueGlass FL 2010 online marketing conference. The competition is now closed, but I’d still love to read your comments on the Best Social Media Tools: