Are you responsible for tourism development for your region?
Are you looking for ways to increase the income from tourism to your region?
As the internet is the main way visitors will learn about your region and what it has to offer, the best opportunities to grow tourism in your region are most likely to come via digital marketing.
Opportunities for tourism development for your region through digital marketing:
- Ensure that the region has an overall digital marketing strategy that defines the various target audiences that are going to be key to the success of the region and how to successfully reach these different audiences and convert them to visitors.
- Audit existing digital channels to see where there are opportunities for improvement.
- Are websites getting relevant traffic through organic searches?
- Are all digital channels capturing users as leads and effectively moving them through to becoming visitors to your region?
- Are paid advertising campaigns effective and getting a sufficient ROI?
- Develop a sustainable content marketing strategy to create and deliver relevant content throughout all of your channels on a consistent basis.
- Focus social media on building and nurturing a community of relevant individuals, that includes prospective visitors as well as ambassadors for your region.
- Provide leadership and support to the businesses and organizations within your region:
- Financial support for improvements to their own digital marketing initiatives.
- Training, coaching, and other resources to better manage their own digital marketing.
- Initiatives to work together to promote by sub-region, area of interest to tourists, etc.
Throughout my career, I have worked extensively with tourism development agencies and relevant businesses and organizations in Ireland, the UK, and the USA providing guidance and specific services. I have created the following services specifically for agencies and other organizations responsible for tourism development:
- Development of an overall digital marketing strategy for your organization or region, including the creation of a sustainable content marketing strategy.
- Audit of existing digital channels and digital marketing initiatives with action plans for improvements.
- Development of digital marketing tools and resources for your own staff and/or the businesses and organizations you serve.
- Training, coaching, and ongoing advisory services in any of these areas.
- Creation and management of programs for you to provide support to the businesses and organizations in your region that include all or some of these services. Some examples of such initiatives:
- Audit and evaluation of existing digital channels prior to determining eligibility for financial support.
- Digital marketing training programs, either for overall tourism development or for specific initiatives.
I will work with you to ensure:
- The most effective digital marketing strategies are in place and in line with the overall goals of your organization.
- Funds are spent effectively and will bring the desired results.
- All individuals involved confidently work together to bring the best results for the development of tourism for your region.
- You provide the best support to the businesses and organizations you serve.
The benefits of working with me:
- Over 20 years of digital marketing experience and expertise.
- Over 30 years of business management experience to ensure best practices and financial results are a priority.
- International tourism development experience throughout this time.
- High level of skill in customer service and project management.
- Known for professionalism, reliability, and the ability to coach and mentor (even the most challenging clients).
- Currently Co-Chair of the Women in Business group of the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce and have held positions on a number of relevant boards and committees over the years.
My experience of living in rural as well as urban areas in the US, UK, and Ireland, traveling extensively for work and pleasure provides me with a view of all sides of tourism and development and a passion to help businesses and organizations find opportunities to thrive in any climate.